cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Set Status-Truncated

Paul_Martin_2
Level 2
Ver 9.1- Windows 2000 server sp4

I have a tape that I need to restore from but the properties from the tape indicate that the Backup Set Status is Truncated.

I have tried Technote 245645 (untick Use storage media-based catalogues) and have stopped and started the services a few times and re catalogued the tape, none of this works
2 REPLIES 2

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

we suggest you to rename the catalog folder before deselecting the "Use storage medai based catalogs"

Refer the following steps:
Stop Backup Exec services.
- Rename the 'Catalog' folder (default path C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup
Exec\NT)
- Start Backup Exec services.
- Go to Tools | Options | Catalogs, and deselect "Use storage media-based
catalogs" and perform the catalog job.
Note: After renaming the catalogs folder, all the catalog information will lost. You have to re-catalog all the media in order to see them in the Restore selectiosn.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Paul_Martin_2
Level 2
Thank you for your answer but I couldn't wait 3 days for a response.

Unfortunately I had to pay £49 for this answer because Veritas haven't put it on their knowledge base, if it is it doesn't come up after a search.

I expected better from them but unfortunately this company seems to be going downhill. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect a years free Support for a package or am I being picky.