cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup exec 2012

Elmer_Gomez
Level 5
Partner Certified

good afternoon, I have a question if someone has made restoration of database sharepoint, if someone possesses procedure as making restoration of a site in sharepoint as this tape the data and need to restore, and another query if I want restore my source server I can only restore that site or the entire database.

thank you for your help.

sharepoint.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

There is no difference in procedure when restoring from tape or disk. Only difference is that when restoring individual items (GRT) from tape, the entire backup will be first staged on temporary location in disk and then restored. So that much free space must be available.

You can use this KB article as the procedure - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH183772

If you want to restore to the original location, then at Step 5, choose restore to original location. Every other step remains the same.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

VJware
Level 6

There is no difference in procedure when restoring from tape or disk. Only difference is that when restoring individual items (GRT) from tape, the entire backup will be first staged on temporary location in disk and then restored. So that much free space must be available.

You can use this KB article as the procedure - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH183772

If you want to restore to the original location, then at Step 5, choose restore to original location. Every other step remains the same.

Elmer_Gomez
Level 5
Partner Certified

Dear, backup exec 2012 in case you want to restore a granular (GRT) and those that are on tape, I have to make a duplicate of data from tape to disk to restore correctly either the origin or different server. or you can also do restoration from tape directly to the server where it is installed the sharepoint.

I appreciate your response.

GRT.PNG

VJware
Level 6

When restoring from tape, it will first stage on disk and then restore. Yes, you can restore from tape directly, but many ppl prefer duplicating from tape to disk and then running the restore.