cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup failing with Device not found

MichaelMoran
Level 3
We have removed some drives from an old server that we currently backup using a remote agent. I have been into the Backup Selection List and reselected the correct drives and options for this agent.  However we now get this failure every night.

V-79-57344-65055 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\C******.*****.int\E:". Advanced Open File Option used: No.

Snapshot provider error (0xE000FE1F): The device cannot be found.

Check the Windows Event Viewer for details.

V-79-57344-65055 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\C******.*****.int\F:". Advanced Open File Option used: No.

V-79-57344-65055 - AOFO: Initialization failure on: "\\C******.*****.int\G:". Advanced Open File Option used: No.

I can't find anything relevent in the event logs but looking through the BSL again I noticed that the old drives E: F: & G: are still listed in resource order and resource credentials despite them not being visable on the remote agent anymore. Any ideas how I can remove them and get my back-up completed again? This is a live server so I haven't yet un-installed and re-installed the agent. I was hoping to avoid it, if at all possible. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lmosla
Level 6

hello  If you go to the job properties in the selection list click View Selection Details and look for any entries for the old server, select them and delete.  save and submit the job

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lmosla
Level 6

hello  If you go to the job properties in the selection list click View Selection Details and look for any entries for the old server, select them and delete.  save and submit the job

MichaelMoran
Level 3

That's worked.  Thank you.  Don't know why I didn't check there in the first place!