Hubrecht-CBS
Not applicable
Hello,

We're running Backup Exec 12 on w2k3 ands have the following hardware:

- HP MSA 1000 with MSA 30 Storage
- HP MSL 4048 TapeLibrary

Our backup jobs fail at variable time with the following error in BE12: 

E00084F4

And Windows eventviewer shows error event-ID: 57600  (unknow error)

Can anyone help us with this problem?

Thank you!
Hubrecht Institute

8 REPLIES 8

NetworkGuy
Level 3
I have the same errors except I am trying to run it on Windows 2008 with an HP LTO Ultrium 3 Tape Drive. I have uninstalled the tape drivers and reinstalled, applied latest v12 updates and even swapped out the drive and am still getting the error. Any help?

Thanks!

NetworkGuy
Level 3
Still having this issue. Called Tech Support and I believe they are stumped. I have 3 servers with HP Ultrium 960 tape drives and all are exhibiting the same "unknown error".

HJK
Not applicable
Hi

I am having the exact same error.
I am having a HP DL380 with an external HP Storageworks 920 (LTO3) with Win 2008.
I use version 12, with every update.

No matter what driver I use (Generic/HP/Symantec), I get the exact same error every time !!

Does anyone have a solution ??

Kind regards
Hans Jørgen Kristensen

NetworkGuy
Level 3
I have a support case with HP on this now. I would call Symantec, open a case and have them go through obtaining a trace log from you and see if that shows anything like "SCSI Status   SCSISTAT_QUEUE_FULL". There maybe an issue with either the firmware or the driver under Windows Server 2008 for the SCSI card or the Tape drive.

Roger_Philp
Not applicable
I had the same problem as well with Backup Exec 12 and W2K3 on a HP Proliant server with 2 Ultrium 960 tape drives.

I was able to resolve the problem by uninstalling the Windows patch KB932755 (An updated Storport storage driver)

Message Edited by Roger Philp on 04-28-2008 12:27 PM

Message Edited by Roger Philp on 04-28-2008 12:28 PM

NetworkGuy
Level 3
According to HP, there is a known issue with the HP server management agents and tape backups. Stopping the management agent services allowed the backups to complete.

Felix_Lin
Level 2
I've tried to disable all HP built-in services but the backup would still fail with this error code: E00084F4.

Does anyone manage to get it work by disabling HP services? If so, what have you disabled?

Thanks very much.

limester
Level 3

Hi,

We are having this same issue.  When running tracer.exe we get Write6 SCSISTAT_QUEUE_FULL and the backup fails

using Backup Exec v12 SP3 (ran liveupdate last night from v12)

HP MSL2024 Tape Library with LTO4 drive

As recommended by a support article we disabled service for HP Insight Storage Agent.  Then the backup ran okay.

Is there any roadmap for resolution for this issue?

Thanks