cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to Disk setup fails

mlaroche
Level 3

When trying to create backup to disk based storage, we receive the following error:

symerror.PNG

We're not sure how to get around this, any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

What disk storage are you using?

Do you know the sector size of the disk?

Can you run B2Dtest against this disk?

mlaroche
Level 3

We're trying to set up a job that backs up to another hard drive on the same server that BE2014 is installed on.  BE is set up on the C: drive and we have a 1TB drive for temporary storage (D:).  What we used to do in BE 12.5 before we upgraded was had a job that would back up to D, and then a job that would copy that backup to a tape.  It looks like you can do this with one job in BE2014, but we get the above error I pasted a screen shot of when we try to create the Backup to Disk folders.  

I believe the sector size is 512.  I will look into that tool you mention and try to run that tonight.  Thanks for the reply!

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

This error occurs due to the Disk Storage's block size parameter being incorrect.

Did you try creating the Disk Storage via BEMCLI or altering the block size of the Disk Storage via the BE UI ?

mlaroche
Level 3

The problem is that I cannot see any way of altering the block size in the UI until the disk is created. Since I can't create the disk, I can't alter the block size.

We have not attempted this through the CLI, Is that how we should be creating the Disk Storage?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Via the UI should be fine. You could try creating via the BEMCLI to see if it helps.

Is BE 2014 updated with SP2 ?

If the error persists, would recommend to log a support case.

mlaroche
Level 3

Yes, we are on SP2.  I will contact support, thanks.