cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to RD1000 issues

ConfluenceCorp
Not applicable
We are currently backing up to an internal RD1000 device on a Windows 2003 x64 server. Our backup schedule is for a full backup on Friday, and incrementals Sun-Thurs. The full backup always runs fine, but my first issue was the subsequent incremental would overwrite some portion of the full backup. To combat this, I setup 2 media folders, one for full backups with overwrite protection of 1 week, and 1 daily media folder with no overwrite/append restrictions. My goal is to have a full backup and then append the subsequent dailys onto each other.
What I have now is a full backup done successfully, but none of the daily backups run because there is no media to mount. I have the job set to overwrite if no appendable media is available, but nothing doing. We rotate the cartridges weekly on Friday morning. What BE seems to be doing is wiping out whatever is on the new cartridge and creating a new (sometimes reuses the old file names) backup file which is overwrite protected for 7 days which will prevent the daily backups from running.
Basically, I'd like some input on how to configure the meda so that 1) the daily backups don't overwrite my full backups, and 2) the daily backups append the incremental data.
1 REPLY 1

Dev_T
Level 6
Hello,

This link will show you how to setup the device. The instructions are for backup exec 10 and 11 but it worked perfect for 12.5.
http://jchome.info/Geeksquad/?p=34

Hope this helps...