cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec Server service will not start

Travis_Brown
Level 3
Event ID 7034
The Backup Exec Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

This started after setting up a job to access a remote agent that was just installed.

MDAC Checker results follow.
8 REPLIES 8

Travis_Brown
Level 3

Travis_Brown
Level 3
Does anyone reply to these posts? My software is not working, and I need backups. PLEASE HELP!

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

What was the MDAC version detected by the system..

Select the same version in "Perform analysis against aselected version" and check whether there are any mismatches...

Are local backups functioning properly..?

The operating system of the remote server..?

Are you running the job to a tape or to a Backup to Disk Folder..?

With which account are the Backup Exec services started..?

Is the Remote Agent for Windows Servers running with Local System Account..?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.

Travis_Brown
Level 3
> What was the MDAC version detected by the system..
MDAC 2.8 SP2
>Select the same version in "Perform analysis against aselected version" and check whether there are any mismatches...

There are no mismatches.

> Are local backups functioning properly..?

No, the backup service will not start.

> The operating system of the remote server..?

Windows 2003 Server SP1

> Are you running the job to a tape or to a Backup to Disk Folder..?

No jobs will run. I can't get in to the program without the server service running.

> With which account are the Backup Exec services started..?

administrator account

> Is the Remote Agent for Windows Servers running with Local System Account..?

Yes

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

From the event id (7034) it seems that this error might be produced in case you are running a job type of "Archive - delete files after successful copy backup" with three or more partitions selected , then Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Servers service terminates.

If this is the case then please refer the following technote:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/265724.htm

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Travis_Brown
Level 3
Not the case.

I could not wait any longer to resolve this, so I called and paid for support.

Russ_Perry
Level 6
Employee
If component checker shows no mismatches and the 'Device and Media' service starts, there usually is no problem with MDAC...There are multiple reasons why the Server service will not start. Open SGMON.EXE (program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\ location) and set to 'Capture to file' and check 'BEServer' and leave it open. Try to start the Server service then post the output of SGMON... or search the knowledge base for any obvious errors.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please update us on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.