cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups keep going on "Qeued" all of a sudden.

Soulassasin
Level 2

Hi guys.

I was wondering if anyone has any information or tips that will actually work?

I have been backing up all my server's database files for the last couple of months with the same daily full backup onto DLT tapes.

BUT all of a sudden my backups start to run for about 2 seconds and then just gets stuck on qeued.For the last week or so I couldn't take an tape offsite and that is clearly a problem! I am using a DELL cartridge system aswell that changes the tapes automatically (poweredge).

I have tried pausing/unpausing the operation but still nothing.

Please someone help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

Are there any alerts (green icon with a white ? in it) when it goes to queued?
This can happen if the media available is write-protected, or not in the correct media set you want to run your job on...

Laters!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Try to run a test backup on the local disk to isolate the issue with the BE or tapes or tape drive. If you are able to backup on disk then try to put new tapes and check if you are able to back it up. Try to peform different operation like quick erase, inventory to check if it is runing. If not then look for event viewer for any kind of drive issues or hardware error. Update the symantec driver to lates and BE fully patched and reboot the server.

If all works fine then tape drive might be the culprit

CraigV

Hi there,

Are there any alerts (green icon with a white ? in it) when it goes to queued?
This can happen if the media available is write-protected, or not in the correct media set you want to run your job on...

Laters!

Soulassasin
Level 2

Thanks guys.

My system is backing up now.

Thanks for your assistance yes

CraigV

Hi there,

Can you close this off by marking whichever of the postings was the solution/helped you?

THanks!

CraigV

Hi Soulassassin,

Which post helped you?

Thanks!