cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practice - SnapServer NAS

MichaelM
Level 2
Currently I am running Backup Exec 12.5 Rev 2213 on a Windows 2008 Server with an attached SnapServer 520 (OS: 4.2.054).  I also have purchased, installed and licensed a BE Agent for Windows 12.5.  I can backup the SnapServer however there are several issues which are  problematic.

The Windows Event application log fills with 57476 or 57477 error entries for every single file it backs up and in this case there are hundreds of thousands for a single backup.  Ostensibly, I assume  this is due to the RAWS not being installed on the SnapServer (since it only simulates an installed Windows operating system via SAMBA)

The other issue is that the backups progress VERY VERY slowly. - again I assume due to the lack of an installable RAWS for the SnapServer device.

My questions is: Are there ways or any software patches available to avoid overwhelming the Windows event log and are there any better ways and/or configurations, in terms of best practice, to run these backups more efficiently?  

It would be great to have an agent that was designed specifically for or if the exisiting agent was redesigned to handle SnapServers more effectively.
0 REPLIES 0