cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Practices/Initial Setup Help

Mikecom32
Level 2
I'm looking for some help on what would be the best way to set this up.

I have 16 servers to back up.  I have two HP LTO4 autoloaders attached via SAS to two different servers. (Lets call them BE1 and BE2)

I'd like to split the backup load across these two servers.  What is the best way to do this?  Should BE1 and BE2 be "linked" to each other in some way or should I just set them up as two separate BE instances each backing up 8 servers? 

Thanks much!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Should BE1 and BE2 be "linked" to each other in some way or should I just set them up as two separate BE instances each backing up 8 servers? 

If you have not purchased the CASO (Central Admin Server Option) you will need to set them up as two separate servers.  You can still connect to each from the other or from your disktop with Remote Administrator

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Should BE1 and BE2 be "linked" to each other in some way or should I just set them up as two separate BE instances each backing up 8 servers? 

If you have not purchased the CASO (Central Admin Server Option) you will need to set them up as two separate servers.  You can still connect to each from the other or from your disktop with Remote Administrator

Mikecom32
Level 2
 No, I hadn't thought to purchase it.  It shouldn't be a problem to admin each server independently though if that is the only way to do it.

Thanks!