cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPS with 2 Networks

BackupGanggo
Level 3
Hi, I'm wondering if someone knows if the CPS is working for two networks. We run a backup Server
which has two NIC's installed. I like to us both network to run some CPS jobs on them. Any idea?
Thank you a lot for help/input.
2 REPLIES 2

Eric_Guidry
Level 3
As long as the backup server can reach your target server either through a properly configured DNS server or through ip address, the software doesnt care.
Since you were not clear on your senerio, I made the assumption that you are not talking about binding the nics together... which the software doesnt care either in that case

BackupGanggo
Level 3
Hi Eric
thank you for response! I don't wont bind the NIC's togheter, you assume right. To say it more clear (hopefully): one NIC of the Backupserver is in the 172.x.x.x - net. This network is the corporate network and I'm mirroring data from external fileserver (over WAN) to the Backupserver. This is running fine. Now, I'd like to mirror data from internal servers which are connected over a separate Backupnetwork, 192.x.x.x to the Backupserver (because I don't like to make more traffic on the corporate network as necessary). Therefore, the backupserver and other lokal server have a second NIC installed. Where can I set some IP information in CPS (howto ??) When I take a look in the CPS Console/setup/servers and there the Backupserver, I just see one IP. Do you understand now? Is there a possility?