cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Restore Single Mailbox

Crenor
Level 2
I had a user get deleted from Active Directory then re-created. In the process the mailbox was lost. Fine. Time to restore from backup.

BUTi I get the following error:

Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe0001203 - An error occurred while creating or accessing the directory specified for this operation. Check the job log for details.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-4611

I have followed the wizard and nothing. I have tried different settings and I get the same error. I have unmounted the mailbox store by hand and I get the same thing

Any thoughts?
3 REPLIES 3

PHOENIX_2
Level 4
Partner
Hi Crenor,

It seems that there is certain problem with the staging location path taht you have specified while creating the restore job. Make Sure that there is enough space available for staging the exchange Database.
Staging path can be found on restore job properties - under settings - advance
Path on media server for staging temporary restore data when restoring inidividual item from tapes:

you must enter the path of the drive that has free space greater than the size of exchange database.

try this might you be missing this.

Crenor
Level 2
Thank you, that was it.
I did not know I had to enter anything in that field as the wizard left that part out.

PHOENIX_2
Level 4
Partner
Hi,

Its Ok if you have followed the wizard, now for granular level restore( of Exchange, Sharepoint, Active Directory) there is a requirement of free space on backup server. You can set that for every such jobs,
to Set this, Click on Tools menu select options, a properties window will open. On the properties select Restore in the left pane under Job Defaults. Now on the right pane find Path on media server for staging temporary restore data when restoring inidividual item from tapes: in the text box type the path of the local drive which is having enough free space. ( drive_letter:\TEMP)

This will be the defaults for every GRT restore job.

Message Edited by PHOENIX on 04-25-2008 10:53 AM