cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install to MSSQL2005

Paul_Koch
Level 2
I've recently downloaded the 10d eval but cannot accomplish the installation. System: Windows Server 2003 Standard with MSSQL2005. I do not want to use MSSQLDE only for BE but I cannot figure out how to install it. I've tried to install with MSSQLDE in order to perform a mirgation to 2005 usind beutil.exe but beutil says 'no sql server found'. What can I do? Can I somehow slipstream the hotfix6 into the installation files to allow BEDB to reside on MSSQL2005?
4 REPLIES 4

Steve_O_2
Level 4
I think your trying something unsupported. The installation per the manuals and readme require MSDE 2000 ..not 2005

Paul_Koch
Level 2
> I think your trying something unsupported. The
> installation per the manuals and readme require MSDE
> 2000 ..not 2005

Yes indeed, but it also works with a MSSQL2000. And it keeps working after upgrading the 2000 to 2005. So imho ist must be possible to install BE using a MSSQL2005 directly?!

Steve_O_2
Level 4
Probably something in the security setting on 2005 that is preventing the install detecting the new SQL 2005 intance. Again if you called for support there not a chance you will supported with that config.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
hello Paul,
Installation of BE to SQL 2005 is not supported. You can however backup it up using BE.
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.