cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CatDump utility for 11d?

Ted_Byrne
Not applicable
Greetings,

I'm in search of the CatDump utility for BE v11d.  I have found numerous references to it, but have not been able to locate the utility itself.  The discussions include either a dead link to a directorhy on the ftp server that no longer exists, or an unanswered plea for assistance.  Does anyone know whether/where this is available for download from Symantec? 

I don't need anything fancy, just a way to export the contents of the catalog (including filenames) to a format that can be searched or massaged and imported into another application (spreadsheet or db) for further processing.  It sounds like catdump would fit the bill - if I could find it.

One forum entry indicated that it was available by submitting a support request, but I'm not clear how one goes about doing that (I'm new to BE, and the links that I followed indicated that email support was no longer available.

On a related note, why don't they just include the utility with the product installl (even with a disclaimer that it's not a supported tool)?  Seems like that would save a lot of grief for more than a few people. 

Thanks,

Ted
0 REPLIES 0