cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Catalog jobs fail stating "The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation."

mghomer
Level 6

Hi all,

Im trying to start a catalog job for some tapes from other BE Server on my BE2010. Unfortunately it always fails with this message:

Catalog jobs fail stating "The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation."

1. This was allready removed:

1. Open Backup Exec.
2. Click Tools and Options.
3. In the Options window, on the left hand pane, select Catalog.
4. On the right hand pane remove the check mark for "Use storage media-based catalogs."

Not sure why i can't catalog the tapes after i have start the enventory.

Can anyone help me please?

PS. Im on Server 2008R2

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

try rebuilding the catalogs as per the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH142684

Thanks!

mghomer
Level 6

HI CraigV,

thank you for the link,

as I anderstand all the tapes i have in my catalogs since years are gone after that. I mean i have to recatalog all my tapes not only the tapes which are at the moment not going or Im wrong?

Thanks

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

It appears that way, yes. Have you tried the catrebuildindex -r switch first?

Thanks!

mghomer
Level 6

not yet, waiting till one of the running jobs end. After that i will try it

will come back to you to report the result

mghomer
Level 6

just did it, unfortunately still same situation. from 20 tapes only two could end by catalogjob without any issues.

Any idea what is going wrong?

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified
This means that you are missing some tape in the series. Uncheck the request media in order option and try again

mghomer
Level 6

Hi pkh,

where is the option to uncheck the request media in order?

Thank you

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Click on the BE button ---> Configuration and Settings ---> Backup Exec Settings. Look under catalog

mghomer
Level 6

BE Butto is only for Job settings like restore and backup, there is no Configure and Settings.

I think you mean this, see screenshot, ufortunately in german:

Bildschirmfoto 2014-11-13 um 11.44.26.pngif yes it was allready unchecked

mghomer
Level 6

the strange thing is when i try  restore somthing wrom this tapes i see the data on it and i can restore it.

hmmmmm