cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check Credentials...

Maurice_Bernhar
Level 3
I am interested infind out if there is a method by which I can check the current credentials on a "Backup Exec" backup server without having to necessarily change them? Any assistance would be most appreciated....Thanks....
3 REPLIES 3

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Maurice,

Can please Explain this in more detail.

- What credentials are you talking about?
- Are you talking about the BESA account? Or another Logon account?
----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
You can check the rights normally through Active directory. However this depends on what exactly you want.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.

Maurice_Bernhar
Level 3
I am referring to the BESA account. I have recently taken over another installtion and do not have the BESA password for the new facility. Is the only to access this password to change in active directory?

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

To reset the BESA do the following:
1. From the Tools menu, click Backup Exec Services
2Click Services credentials
3. Select the Change service account information check box, re-enter the BESA Domain and Password and then click OK
4All Backup Exec Services information will be changed. Click OK
After applying the new settings, a message to restart Backup Exec Services will appear. Click OK

If the attempt failed, verify the BESA user name, domain name, and password information entered in the Service Account Information window.
Note: All Backup Exec services should be stopped and restarted before proceeding with future Backup Exec jobs. This can be accomplished by clicking Stop all services and Start all services .

Thanks.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to the answered threads pool.