cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning job faild. Error: e000810d - Physical Volume Library Media not found

AlexMiller
Level 2
Hello All,

i have Backup exec for windows server 11.d and HP Storageworks msl6000 Series tape library in place. I recived them from previous admin and everything worked properly up to last time. Now when i try to run Cleaning job i see the following error:

Job name            : Weekly Clean
Job type            : Cleaning
Job status          : Failed
Job log             : ***********
Server name         : ***********
Selection list name : Weekly Clean
Device name         : HP 2
Target name         : 
Slot number         : 0
Slot count          : 0
Error category      : Backup Device Errors
Error               : e0008115 - Physical Volume Library Drive or Robot paused, offline, or disabled.

And also HP2 device stays offline and i see notification about this on Library's LED. For continuing work i should resume it.
I tried to delete this job from job list, deleted Cleaning media from the media list, added it again, inventoried it, marked Slot 0 as clean slot 
and create new cleaning job - but i have the same issue, after 92% job stops and HP2 device status is offline. 

Does anybody know how solve this problem?

thanks   

4 REPLIES 4

michelangelo10
Level 3
hmmm...thought I've seen this before...is maybe CLN tape at its end of life?, if you have new clean tape, swap out with current, tape could be defective?

If none of the above apply to your case, then change the CLN tape slots to other then where its set, and reboot the auto loader...

Check the firmware date on the auto loader against the manufacturer website firmware date?

See details on the article related to your error.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/280702.htm

AlexMiller
Level 2
Thank you Sir, let me try to do what you suggested!

AlexMiller
Level 2
I have similar problem during all actions with Clean media. I.E. i can't catalogue it, run cleaning job, make inventory.... during all this job medial library goes offline. Does anybody have the solution?

thanks a lot.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/255501.htm