cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Closed) Backup Exec 11d not backing up C:\windows\system32\config event log

whiteknight8
Level 4

Hi Anyone facing this issue of backup exec not backing up event log in c:\windows\system32\config\
my backup exec version is 11d version 7170
when i try to restore i am not able to find event log
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You will not as this is the part of system state backup and these backups can't be backed up under the C:\windows\system32\. Most of the items that are in system32 are backed up under the system state in BE. So if you want to restore then you have to restore the system state of that server.

Also the event viewer gets backed up under the shadow copy components if you want to restore the event viewer.

So nothing to panic you can restore the system state and shadow copy componenets to get the data back.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sksujeet
Level 6
You will not as this is the part of system state backup and these backups can't be backed up under the C:\windows\system32\. Most of the items that are in system32 are backed up under the system state in BE. So if you want to restore then you have to restore the system state of that server.

Also the event viewer gets backed up under the shadow copy components if you want to restore the event viewer.

So nothing to panic you can restore the system state and shadow copy componenets to get the data back.

sksujeet
Level 6

Do you still need any other information, if this answers your question them please close it with the solution.