cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication Failure

Jim_Dunbar
Level 2
I am getting a "Communication Failure has occurred" during a remote agent backup. The remote server is a Windows 2003 with sp1 applied and I have applied sp1 to Backupexec for Windows 10.0 on the admin server, also 2003 with sp1. The backup will run for a while on the remote server and occording to the log, may even be done but gets a "connection to target system has been lost. Backup set cancelled" This just started about a week ago and has been every night. The servers are about 30 days in production. I have read everything I can find from Veritas' support. I need a solution. Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hi there
You might find the following technote useful to resolve the issue:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/266181

What are the resources that you back up?
How many servers are backed up?
Divide the job if there are many servers in one backup to isolate the issue and find out on which server the issue occurs.

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

brad_fino
Level 2
I'm not backing anything up using the remote agent though. It's a local back up from B2D --> Local HD

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Mr Fino,

Can you please elaborate more on your issue please ?
SInce when you are getting this error ?
Have you made any changes on the Backup Exec server recently ?

Regards

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.