cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completed status: Completed with exceptions

Mark_Watson_4
Level 3
We are using Veritas Backup Exec Small Business Server Suite v10.0 rev 5484 with all hotfixes installed and Advanced Open File Option.

The job isn't completing each night and the Job Completion Status is:
Completed status: Completed with exceptions

However the AOFO is reporting:
AOFO: Started for resource: "C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS).
The snapshot provider used by VSS for volume C: - Microsoft Software Shadow Copy provider 1.0 (Version 1.0.0.7).

There are no errors in the job, yet the backup cannot backup two open files:
The item C:\Inetpub\catalog.wci\00010001.ci in use - skipped.
The item C:\System Volume Information\catalog.wci\00010002.ci in use - skipped.

Why is this?
6 REPLIES 6

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please verify if the settings mentioned in the following technote.
Title:
OFO: Initialization failure on: "Shadow?Copy?Components" Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS). VSS Snapshot error. Unexpected provider error.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/265927

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Mark_Watson_4
Level 3
Thank-you for replying.

- The service is set to Manual startup
- I have a recorded event of 7035 for 'The Volume Shadow Copy service was successfully sent a start control.' at the time of the backup.
- I have no errors in my backup job.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello,

Thank you for the update. Since the issue is resolved we will be marking this thread as assumed answered.

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Closing this case as issue is resolved.

Mark_Watson_4
Level 3
Incorrectly assumed answered, the posting did not solve the issue.

Mark_Watson_4
Level 3
I have since re-installed the AOFO and re-created the backup job, and have one out of one successful.
I will presume the re-creation of the job has done it for some unknown reason and close the call.