cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Question

Level 2
Partner Accredited

I have a customer who currently have BE2012 + dedupe option and are successfully backing up their vmware infrastructure. They want to have the data available to restore in the event of losing their primary site. They have purchased another copy of BE, dedupe and CASO. I have prepared a new VM at the DR site, installed CASO and provisioned a new dedupe store to match the existing one at the main site. My question is - what next? Do I need to install anything else at either site? I assume I need to install something else at the DR site - the managed server option on the CASO server? Also, will restores work in the event of losing the main site with this setup?

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi, You already have the building blocks for your DR environment. This is the building DR server and CASO . I'd suggest you do a search for optimized duplication using BE. This will allow you to copy your dedupe data from your primary site to your primary DR site. Thanks!

Level 2
Partner Accredited

I'm still having some difficulty here I'm afraid, there are so many articles on this!!!. Please list the steps I need to do to make my dedupe backups available on my DR site. What changes/install of options/agents do I need to make to my current standalone BE server on my primary site? Do I need to make it a MMS? And if so I assume it won't do anything to the existing 6 months worth of backups.

Further Assistance is much appreciated.