cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Continuous Protection Server Backup Jobs

ALDHR
Level 2
We use CPS to replicate 2 shared folders on 107 servers. I created a destination for one and a destination for the other. I then created a backup job for 1 share and a backup job for the other share. I did this for each server. So there are two backup jobs per server. My question is would I see better or worse performance if I had created one backup job and included all the servers for the one share and another backup job including all the servers for the other share rather than creating a two backup jobs per server? I want to get the best protection for the data as possible.

My media server specs are 2 dual core xeon processors (3.2ghz) and 4GB of ram. It's a dell power edge 2850. It has an MD1000 storage unit connected via scsi and a dell 132-T tape library for the tape backup. Tape backups are fine. No problems so far.

Also does having the remote agent for windows help the CPS performance. I notice that it is not necessary for replication to happen. Since we are only pulling in the two shares and not concerned with the C partition on these servers is it really necessary or does not having it hurt CPS performance?

Thanks,

Lance
0 REPLIES 0