cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuous Protection of SQL

jjorgis
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

How can I set up CPS backup of my SQL database? Symantec claim that it's possible to do that.
When I search the Admin Guide for Backup Exec and Admin Guide for Continuous Protection, I can't find anything. On Symantec Knowlegde site it's only tell me about Exchange, witch I have used, but I can't find stof related to SQL.
Maybe it is so simple that evryone should undestand it, but I don't.
What I want, is a step by step example. 
Can anyone help me please!!

2 REPLIES 2

HiDefGator
Level 3

You have to know which files make up the database and select them for continuous protection.  You need to be accurate.  If you miss a file the database may not be recoverable.    You migth want to configure the database for simple recovery mode.  CPS will not do transaction log backups so if the log is maintained it will grow and grow and grow...

jjorgis
Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified

You have to know which files make up the database and select them for continuous protection.  You need to be accurate.  If you miss a file the database may not be recoverable.    You migth want to configure the database for simple recovery mode.  CPS will not do transaction log backups so if the log is maintained it will grow and grow and grow...

Thank you that was the way to do it!!
It works well.