cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cute media request dialog

Artegic
Level 6

For your amusement, here's a screenshot from a media request dialog I just received.

Background: I was running a restore from a set of two tapes through our standalone LTO drive. When I got the request to remove the first tape and click ok, I left that dialog open and went to the server room, where I not only removed the first tape but also inserted the second one in order to avoid another trip. When I came back I dismissed the "remove" request, got the popup for the "insert" request, and tried to open that one. In the meantime however Backup Exec noticed that the tape was in the drive already and dismissed the "insert" request by itself. Apparently the synchronisation between the service and the GUI is less than perfect so the GUI tried to display a request that didn't exist anymore.

The whole thing is reproducible. The second screenshot shows the popup for the "insert" request which is already gone, as witnessed by the zero displayed as the number of operator requests in the status bar.

0 REPLIES 0