cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAG credential error and PDDE service can't start

moonty
Level 1

I test installed Backup exec server 15 with FP5 with last hotfix on ESXI virtual machine 2012 R2 with last updates to backup Exchange 2013 DAG IP-less Database using disk-based storage and installed the last agent version and restarted all member servers in dag so i need your help to fix these errors

1- when tested DAG credential error message appear "test failed , test recommended " while credential test successed on member servers and DAG backup Task run very well

2- i notice after restart Backup server can't run any tasks and message appear under job status " ready, no backup exec server are available " and notice in adamm log PDDE service can't start 

Waiting on PDDE service start (1200000 milliseconds)
Error waiting for PDDE service to start: 1060
PDDE service has not started; continuing...
Treat all LTO devices as if they are in UMD certified device list: DioAllLto = 0x0001
Use UMD certified device list: DioDrivers = 0x0002

notice i change PDDE service to 1200000 based on veritas article but unfortunately not solve my problem while if restarted services every thing work fine

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

jurgen_barbieur
Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited

have a look at attached pdf, p17.

It's not a good idea to send your exchange backups to deduplication storage.

that will not solve your problem of pdde not starting, but you can consider using B2D instead of deduplication for exchange backups