cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Storage Location on a NAS?

Daxter_Granlin
Level 2
I seem to be having troubles getting the DLO storage location to use a UNC path on a NAS device. It keeps trying to create a folder using the admin share of a drive letter that doesn't exist (ie. c$). I can use UNC paths for B2D locations in BE but why not DLO? Am I doing something wrong?
6 REPLIES 6

perry_baker
Level 6
Employee Accredited
In the BE admin guide on page 1057 in the section titled Configuring a Remote Windows Share or NAS Device for DLO Storage Locations

Item 3 states the following:
Make sure that the volume desired to be used for DLO has been assigned a drive letter on the remote storage location or NAS device.

So I think you can accomplish what you want, but you should review that section in the manual for more requirements.

Nik_Jones_2
Level 3
Hi,

I've got the same request/problem. Sadly the Adaptec manual doesn't appear to help too much either.

I've got a Snap 110.

Has any one actually got BE11D + DLO + Snap 100 (being used for the DLO Storage Location) actually working ? If they have, any chance you could put what you did to get it working on here ?

Manu thanks in advance.

Nik.

Daxter_Granlin
Level 2
Thanks for your help. It turns out that the NAS will not allow us to assign a drive letter to it only folder shares accessible by UNC paths.

Nik_Jones_2
Level 3
That's not good news!!! I wanted to use the NAS box as the backup location for our DLO agent. I guess I'm going to have to try and find some different software to do this then.

What I cannot understand is that I can use BE to use the NAS as a Backup 2 Disk location, but cannot use DLO with NAS box. That seems a little inconsistent to me.

Nik_Jones_2
Level 3
And another thing I've just noticed is that if you look at the display for a Windows based DLO Storage Location. It's displays the folder the the agents back up to as a share!!!

BBL
Level 2
Yes ... I'm also looking for a workaround solution in order to define my NAS device as DLO storage location.
I'm using ReadyNAS 1100. When i checked admin guide, it says that Validate that DLO 5.1 MP1 or later is installed. What is that, and where can i download this management pack?

Thanks,