cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO generating multiple tmp.vrtsclsignore files in network UDF

Mike_NC
Level 2

I have been fighting this issue since version 12.5 and just today deleted another 35GB of these tmp.vrtsclsignore files from my network user data folders(NUDF). All these files have been generated in the last 30 days and I delete more of them every month. I have not seen any discussion about what causes these to be created neither have I seen any discussion about how long they remain if you do not remove them.

My install of BE is 2010 R3 SP1 on Windows Server 2008 R2. There are about 300 clients being backed up by DLO. There is no antivirus scanning on this part of the server.

I have observed that once a file generates one of these tmp files it continues to so for some undetermined amount of time.

Anyone have a definitive solution?

Symantec, what is generating these files and why aren't they being removed during the maintenance cycle?

2 REPLIES 2

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do you have any failed backups at the time these tmp files being created ?

Mike_NC
Level 2

It is possible but with DLO backing up files as soon as they close this shoud not be a problem. These files look like they are being created during a full system scan and there are multiple copies created about 60 minutes apart. Some of the files look to be PST files from Outlook others are text files generated by genetic analysis programs.

When I have asked users about the files, I have been told that they were not in use at the time the tmp file was created and in some cases the file had not been opened in several months.