cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted CPS snapshots

Jorgen_Persson
Level 4

I been trying to get my CPS to run well but have some problems.

First time I tried it all of my snap shots were deleted by an external source because the VSS could not grow in time. I bought a dedicated drive for the CPS and after it synchronies for about 8 days everything was working well, Saved snapshots and retained data according to my settings. life was great. Today I tried to backup the CPS storage with backup exec and all my snapshots got deleted again. I am sure the recommended solution is to get even more drives so I can put the VSS on its own dedicated volume but this is getting annoying. I am running this on a PE1950 with 2 MD1000 SATA DAS. Does anyone else have problems with this? Would the snapshots be deleted if I tried to do a massive file restore putting a high disk load on the CPS disk? Would adding a dedicated VSS disk for sure make this work well?

3 REPLIES 3

Greg_Meister
Level 6
Jorgen,

Can you set up a small CPS job? I'd like for you to stop CPS, perform a backup job, then restart CPS, and confirm that CPS continues to synchronize correctly with no loss of snapshots.

Thanks in advance,
Greg

Jorgen_Persson
Level 4
Hi

Just to be sure we are on the same page. When you say stopping the job do you mean the schedule\run\snap shot schedule under the CPS backup destination or do you mean that I should stop the job completly?

Jorgen_Persson
Level 4
Did a smal job and it looked like that worked well. I will try the big one tonight and will post the result