cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device not Hardware Compatible

Jason_Roggentie
Level 2
I am running Backup Exec 10.0. I have a Dell Powervault 122t DLT VS80. I did not see it in the Hardware Compatibility List. If it isn't there then what am I supposed to do? Any help would be great. Thank You

Jason Roggentien
4 REPLIES 4

Dennis_van_Leur
Level 3
Hello,

If the drive is not found by Windows it isn't possible to use the drive for Backup Exec. If it is be found by Windows, you can try to use the drive with Backup Exec, but you don't have any support for it.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

As the device which you are using is not mentioned in the HCL, and if it is detected by Windows, you can use OEM (Original Equipement Manufacturers)drivers.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jason_Roggentie
Level 2
Well, in the HCL, it is not compatible with the stand alone drive, but it is compatible with the Windows Server robotic library. What do I do with that? I am using Windows Server 2003. So if you have anything else for me, let me know. Thanks

Jason

Alan_Foley
Level 4
In the document, http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/274348.htm
The drive is listed as BnchMarkVS640 and is listed as tested, thus should work with the delivered software. Make sure that you have the drive connected on a non-RAID interface, that it has current newest drivers, and is detected with the device manager, The usual cabling, SCSI termination rules apply.