cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device pool priority changes are not applied

David_Woodward
Level 3
I have a few device pools with two available backup-to-disk drives in each pool. I set up the one device in each pool with a priority of 1, and the other left at the default of 10. Unfortunately, after you set this priority if you open up the properties again the priority has gone back to the default value of 10 instead of 1 so the backups continue to go to the wrong device.

I have already tried creating a new drive pool, restarting all services, and restarting the server.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
David Woodward
7 REPLIES 7

ray_littlefie1
Level 6
I think you found a bug. It does the same thing for me as well.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

What release of Backup exec are you using? In case you are not at the latest release i.e 5520, you can download it from the folowing link:

VERITAS Backup Exec (tm) 10.0 rev. 5520 for Windows Servers Installation Files
http://support.veritas.com/docs/277181

Additionally also install SP 1 for 5520 from the link below:

Backup Exec (tm) 10.0 for Windows Servers revision 5520 - Service Pack 1
http://support.veritas.com/docs/278701

Hope this helps resolve the problem.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

David_Woodward
Level 3
I am using build 5520 with all available updates applied including SP1.

--David Woodward

zebo51
Level 4
I am seeing this same issue using 10.1(d) build 5629. I go through and set the priority on the devices in my device pool. It does hold the value until the services are restarted either manually or from a reboot, then they are all set back to the default 10. This is a fresh install and not an upgrade.

I don't see any hotfixes out listing a fix for this.

zebo51
Level 4
bump

zebo51
Level 4
So, has this thread been closed or something and Symantec techs on look at it? Can anyone else confirm this as maybe a bug? I hate to start a new thread just to be able to get Symantec to look at it.

Thanks

Rick_Kare
Level 3
I am seeing the same thing over here!

It saves while the session is running, If I close the admin program and restart it reverts back to the default value of 10.

Using version: 10.1.5629 (10-D) (all available updates!)

This bug makes the Central Server option useless for my purposes. Is symatec even lookin at fixing this problem? Oct 2005 - June 2006 not a word from support?