cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Directions to "To manually recover a remote Windows computer" do not work...

jhollis
Not applicable

I have followed the directions in the Backup Exec 12 Admin PDF manual for manually recovering a remote Windows computer and they do not work. Following the guide I reinstalled Windows 2003 on the server and named the computer the same as it was before and did not join it to the domain (as per the instructions). I performed a remote installation of the Backup Exec Agent on the computer, which working just fine. However, the computer does not display with the fully qualified domain name. It just shows the computer name with no domain. So I continue on to the next step and select the full backups that need to be restored from Backup Exec (which lists the server with its fully qualified domain name). I ensure that I set the Login Account on the Resource Credentials to match the account that I created on the server (and it is in the Administrators group). However, upon clicking "Test Selected" I get the error that "The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed." But I know the account works since I am able to test it directly on the server. I followed the remaining directions to set the General and Advanced options and then click on "Run Now". But it just results in an error:

e000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33932

So what am I doing wrong? I would really like to get this server restored since it is one of my AD servers.

Thanks,

--jerahd

0 REPLIES 0