cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable exchange backup part in backup exec (10d) job on SBS2003

termeerj
Level 2

Hi,

I have recently installed a new Kerio mailserver in our network and disabled all Microsoft Exchange services on our SBS2003 server.

Now I get this message:

All other data is being backuped but job result is failed..

I also can't disable the Agent for MS Exchange server in the software list (backup exec wizard)

Does anyone know what to do because I don't want to eanble all the exchange services again only for a good looking backup  job result..

Kind regards,

Jurgen

Error category    : Resource Errors
Error             : e000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.

Unable to attach to \\servername\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group. V-79-57344-33932 - Unable to attach to a resource. Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and t... 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

have you tried recreating the job with out the exchange resources selected? if so are you recieving the same error

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

have you tried recreating the job with out the exchange resources selected? if so are you recieving the same error

termeerj
Level 2

yes I did but same error.

I think it is because when creating a new job you have to select:

Settings - Micrsoft Exchange:

option 1 - Full - Database & Logs
option 2 - Copy - Database & Logs
option 3 - Differential
option 4 - Incremental

There is no option None..This is because the Agent for MS Exchange Server is active in backup exec.

termeerj
Level 2

Just ran a new created backup with no exchange data and I got a 100% successful backup.

THANKS Donald!