cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaster Recovery on SBS 2003 box

Chris_Moncivall
Not applicable
Hi all. I'm having this problem with the instructions for restoring SBS 2003. I have hit a snag on a couple of them that seem very odd.

1. After installing it to the temp directory and doing a full system restore and then restoring Active Directory, I couldn't get BE to start because the original installation was using BE with MSSQL and not MSDE. I'm confused by the instructions that seem lacking because once I restored my data, my databases werne't there including the master so therefore MSSQL wouldn't start. It's like the chicken egg, I need SQL to start to run backup exec, but I need backup exec to restore my databases.
2. Network issues. Since doing my full restore, I cannot ping or make any connections to the restored server. I can connect out from the box, but I cannot ping or make any connections TO the box. I've tried different IP's, rerunning CEICW, changing IP, etc. Obviously no matter how much data I restore, I'm dead if the server won't accept incoming connections.

Has anyone had to go through this hassle so far and do you have any suggestions?
1 REPLY 1

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Chris!
Have you gone through the following technote which talks about DR of a SBS 2k3 server?

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/243037.htm

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.