cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate jobs not running since hotfix 180962

Chase_Drouillar
Level 4

I'm running BE2012, and as the title states, after hotfix 180962 was installed, a vast number of our duplicate jobs fail to run. Some still do run, but a majority of them simple reach their scheduled time, and then immediately jump to the next scheduled time. They don't run, and they throw no errors, no warnings. There's absolutely no indication of why they're not running, they simply don't. If I try to right-click the duplicate job and select the "Run Now" option, the job will change to "To Be Scheduled" status, the time will change to the current time, as if trying to run, and then it immediately reverts back to "Scheduled" with the time being the next day's scheduled time.

Has anyone had this problem, and, if so, does anyone know how to fix it? This is a major functionality and data security issue here, given that we can't get our jobs duplicated to tape.

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Chase,

Remove the HF and check to see if your duplicate jobs run. If they do, reapply the fix and check again. If it still doesn't run, report back here and I (someone else) can hit the support flag.

Might also be worth your while opening a support query with SYmantec over this.

Thanks!

JB_HAM
Not applicable

Hello,

I have nearly the same problem.

When will it be fixed?

My workaround is to delete the duplicate jobs and create them again.

Thanks

urtonbay
Level 2

I am having a very similar problem.  This was happening along with a host of other problems which led me to do a complete removal and re-install of BE2012.  After the re-install things worked well for a day or two, but now the duplicate jobs are just not running again; no errors, failure or warnings.  They just don't run.  Today I am able to right click the duplicate stage job and select run now and that is working, but it may not tomorrow.  It seems there is a different result to the same actions after a random period of time with this version of Backup Exec.  It is extremely frustrating.  I had an open issue with support, but they took so long to get back to me that I resorted to the re-install solution, which at this point appears to not be a solution at all.

If anyone has a fix for this issue please let me know!

Mandar_Sahasrab
Level 4
Employee

Within a job family (group) of jobs, a scheduled duplicate job copies the backup sets created by selected source backup jobs (full / incr / diff) in the job family, since the last run of the duplicate job.

If the backup jobs had failed without generating even a single backup set, then the duplicate jobs would not have anything to copy. Then it appears that the duplicate jobs do not run and simply go to their next scheduled time.

So it all depends on success / failure of the source backup jobs and hence the behavior of the duplicate backup jobs may appear to be random. Can you please check if something like this is happening? Appreciate your inputs on the co-relation between status of the backup and associated duplicate jobs.

Thanks,
Mandar

urtonbay
Level 2

All of my weekly duplicate and daily duplicate jobs are running now.  I'm not sure why.  I'll just have to keep a close eye on them I suppose...