cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate to Tape "Error"

oky_hariansyah
Level 2

Dear All, 

Please help me, I have a problem when I do the schedule duplicate backup to tape,

"Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command.

Overwritable media includes scratch, blank, and recyclable media. Please note that depending on the current Media Overwrite Protection setting, imported and allocated media may be overwritable as well. Consult the online help for more information on overwritable media."

What should I do?

Thanks,

Oky
3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This means that your library do not have overwritable tape for the job to write to.  You can do any of these

1) put new tapes into the library

2) associate some tapes with the scratch media set

3) shorten the overwrite protection period in your media set so that some tapes would be overwritable.

To solve the problem, go to the Storage tab and make sure that you have sufficient overwritable tapes BEFORE the start of your job.

oky_hariansyah
Level 2

Thank you for your help,

I will try again.

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Awesome suggestions above as usual by PKH.. "Thumbs up sir" in addition to what he stated if your looking to add to the tapes and not overwrite you could also within your job settings set the duplicate to append and not overwrite. Below are a few links for your review..

http://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO73312