cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notification

gkawanishi
Not applicable
I have Backup Exec 9.0 version. I recently upgraded the software to service pack 1 and installed hotfix 30 for the buffer overflow vulnerability. After the installation of the fix, somehow the notification broke. When I test the email notification it works fine. But when the job completes it never sends a notification. I recently read article 262002 and it says that Veritas knows about this problem. The article says that it has been resolved in the new 9.1 version. Does anyone know the fix for this issue?
7 REPLIES 7

Level 2
Good luck on getting an answer for this issue. I opened a support call 4 months ago for this very issue. However, we do not currently have SP1 or HF 30 installed. It has the same symptoms that you describe: when we test it works fine. One thing to add for us is that it will work for a short time after a reboot then it stops sending the notifications after a random amount of time. The support call ended up getting closed with the lame-O response of upgrade to the new version. What they fail to understand if that we have 2800 servers that this is installed on!!!

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
Hi there,

If you think the issue with the notification has come up after you installed the Service Pack 1, you could probably try uninstalling it and then re-installing it again.This is just to isolate the cause of the issue.

Secondly, what kind of notification have you configured? MAPI or SMTP or something else? Are the notificiations not being sent after the daylight saving time changed?

Please let us know the answers to the questions mentioned above.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.

Level 2
Version 9.00 Rev. 4454

I searched support this morning for this precise problem. We are running Veritas Version 9.0 Rev4454 on a Windows Server 2003 platform.

After installing Windows SP1, e-mail notifications fail to send.

Level 2
BTW, our application of SP1 was done after daylight savings time changed.That change did not affect e-mail notification.

After installing SP1 we lost e-mail notifications. We are running SMTP.

Dave_Bunye
Level 6
Check your SMTP relay:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/264683.htm

Check this tech note from microsoft (regardign programs which stop working after SP1 is applied, may or may not apply to notifications)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=892500

So test notifications also fail in addition to any notifications which worked before?

Level 2
I'm looking at the material you referenced.

Just replying to the TEST e-mail, it to fails to work.