cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found. Problem with local backup

Crxiak
Level 2
Welcome!

I have 3 servers.
1. DC with win sbs 2003 and installed on it Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 with SP5 and SQL 2005.
2. File server with win server 2003 standard edition
3.Terminal server with win server 2003 standard edition

I`ve a problem when i tried to do backup from local resources (disks or folders from DC). For ex: I do new job, then select only drive C(or any other location) from local resources, and click run job. After few seconds i receive an 0xe00084af error and information: "The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed".
When i do new job only with remote computers(2 and 3), everything is fine.

I use an domain administrator account so i should have access everywhere. I confirm this using Resource Credentials test and all of  test results is successful.

I read a lot of posts and there is only one thing that i cant do. This thing is to update ver 10.0 to 10.1. is there any other ideas t osolve this problem??

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
That error message should state a folder/files that are giving you the error. Check your selection list, and make sure that those folders/files are not selected. You can look in your exclusions/inclusions list. If they are, and they don't exist on the server itself, remove them from the exclusion/inclusion list. Run the job again, and it should complete successfully.

Crxiak
Level 2
Thx for reply!

Unfortunatly there are no any information about folders/files that giving this error.
For test i made a new folder and put some files inside. Then i do new job, check only this folder and start the job. About 3 sec leter i get the same error.
"The job failed with the following error: The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed."
Here is log from this job:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Job Log for Backup 00118

Completed status: Failed Expand AllCollapse All
Job Information
Job server: SOLAR
Job name: Backup 00118
Job started: 12 czerwca 2009 at 15:21:01
Job type: Backup
Job Log: BEX_SOLAR_00198.xml

Drive and media mount requested: 2009-06-12 15:21:01

Device and Media Information
Drive and media information from media mount: 2009-06-12 15:21:07
Drive Name: E na backupsrv
Media Label: B2D004153
Media GUID: {c49c29fe-1870-4e0f-9c8e-cc0ccdbc6e0c}
Overwrite Protected Until: 9999-12-31 01:00:00
Appendable Until: 9999-12-31 01:00:00
Targeted Media Set Name: E na backupsrv

Job Operation - Backup
Backup Options
Media operation - append.
Hardware compression enabled.

Server - SOLAR
Directory was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.

Job Completion Status
Job ended: 12 czerwca 2009 at 15:21:10
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- SOLARDirectory was not found, or could not be accessed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And there is a job history:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Backup 00118
Job name : Backup 00118Job type : BackupJob status : FailedJob log : C:\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\Data\BEX_SOLAR_00199.xmlServer name : SOLARSelection list name : Backup 00118
Device name : E na backupsrvTarget name : E na backupsrvMedia set name : E na backupsrv
Error category : Job ErrorsError : e00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967

Job Summary Information
Original start time : 12 czerwca 2009 15:20:58Job started : 12 czerwca 2009 15:32:16Job ended : 12 czerwca 2009 15:32:19Elapsed time : 00:00:03
Files : 0Directories : 0Skipped files : 0Corrupt files : 0Files in use : 0
Byte count : 0 bytesJob rate : -1,00 MB/Min (Byte count divided by Elapsed time for job)

Set Detail Information - Backup \\SOLAR\C:
Set type : BackupSet status : CompletedSet description :
Resource name : \\SOLAR\C:Logon account : System Logon Account
Error : e00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

Agent used : YesAdvanced Open File Option used : NoImage used : No

Start time : 12 czerwca 2009 15:32:17End time : 12 czerwca 2009 15:32:19
Files : 0Directories : 0Skipped files : 0Corrupt files : 0Files in use : 0
Byte count : 0 bytesRate : 0,00 MB/Min

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As i wrote problem occours only when i try to do backup folders from DC, where is installed Backup Exec. When i trying to backup remote selections (others servers) everything is fine.

Please help me :( 

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Mmm...I wonder if you're not getting this problem BECAUSE it's the DC! Try backing up the server using it's IP address under User-defined Selections. That may solve the issue. I use that on all of our sites, and only really get that error when the directory is explicitly marked as needing to be backed up, when it doesn't exist.
I use User-defined Selections and IP addresses across the board.