cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Domino Agent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pablo_verdina
Level 2
Partner Accredited

The scenario: I have a lotus domino 6.x running in a windows 2000 sp4
I was doing an update to backup exec 12.5 sp2
When I check the csl on the version 12 Lotus domino 6.xx was there, now that I having a trouble I checked the cls for 12.5 and lotus domino shows up from version 7.xx an newer.
I also checked the 12.5 bews sbs and lotus domino 6.xx is supported.
Is there any work around for backup lotus Domino 6.xx from a Backup exec 12.5????
If it is supported and working in 12.0 and 12.5 sbs whay it doesn’t work in 12.5
The error a got is: when I try to browse or select de agent from the console, it freezes up and stop responding.

I will appreciate any help !!!!

Thank you in advanced

4 REPLIES 4

Abhijit_Soman
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi,

You can backup domino database 2 ways which are as follows

1. Using domino agent
2. Using open file backup

As far as your issue i.e. when I try to browse or select de agent from the console, it freezes up and stop responding follow the steps given below.

Solution 1 - Using Domino Agent
  1. Stop remote agent on domino server.
  2. Open remote agent installation directory on domino server
  3. Rename logs folder with logs1 or logs3 (any name)
  4. Stop backup exec services on on backup services
  5. Open backup exec installation directory
  6. Repeat step no. 3
  7. Turn off the "Enalbe Notes Database Filtering" and "Enable Change Journal" Registry Keys. This can be done by setting them to 0. This should be done on both the local and remote machine HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Veritas\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino\Enable Notes Database Filtering (Default value is 1, set to 0) HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Veritas\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino\Enable Change Journal (Default value is 1, set to 0)
  8. Start the Backup Exec Services (Both Local and Remote)
  9. Create new backup job and try to brows domino database

Solution 2 - Using Advanced Open File Option
  1. On domino server, install remote agent with AOFO and restart the server
  2. Make sure that you have sufficient free space available on domino server other than database volume (recommended 25 - 30% of database)
  3. From backup server, configure the backup job and in selection list select to domino data folder (whhere the database files resides) and notes configuration file
  4. Configure backup job with AOFO
  5. Submit the backup job but do not run
  6. Stop backup exec services on both servers
  7. On both servers, open registry key HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Veritas\Backup Exec\Engine\Domino\Enable Offline Backup (Default value is 0, set to 1)
  8. Start backup exec services on both servers and run the backup
Please let me know if you have any doubts

Regards,

Abhijit Soman

pablo_verdina
Level 2
Partner Accredited

Thank you for your quick answer
I was trying both options, in the first one I didn’t delete the logs, I hop deleting the logs will help.
I also try using aofo and it worked for 24 of 25 site where it is install but I got corruption on the databases in one site, the biggest one, we are talking about 300 GB of databases and around 500 hundred users, the data is located in fiber channel disks at the HP storage. Now I getting back to the lotus Domino agent selection and after the registry modifications it worked for most of the sites but I still have some difficulties with a couple of them.
The error I gating now is “query error” when I stand at the lotus domino database whaiting to show the data folders at the selection list.
I will try deleting the logs as you mention here.

If you have any other consideration please let me know.

Thank you very much for your help.

Abhijit_Soman
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi,

I am sure deleting logs or renaming logs folder will resolve your problem.

As per my past experiences, if the folder is not renamed or the logs are not deleted, it takes long time to brows the database and finaly it get failed the query error.

Still I would like to suggest you instade of deleting, rename the logs folder. By doing this it will brows the database quickly and without any error. I have implemented it for almost 600 GB of database and more than 2000 users.

It works.....

Regards,

Abhijit

Abhijit_Soman
Level 6
Partner Accredited
any updates?????