cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors in backup after adding a new disk drive to the server

dori_bashan
Level 6

Hi

We have a server with local storage. backing up to tape (MSL4048) Using BE 2010 R3 running on server 2008 R2.

We have added a new disk srive to the the system. it is a NTFS raid external unit.

The Raid is working without any issue and i can read and write to it with no problems at all.

I'm trying to backup to tape the data from the new unit and getting weird errors.

Directory \ was not found, or could not be accessed.

None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.

V-79-57344-33967 - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory \test and its subdirectories.

Directory \ was not found, or could not be accessed. None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up. V-79-57344-33967 - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed. Directory H:\ was not found, or could not be accessed. None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up. 

When moving the same folder that i'm trying to backup to one of the other volumes on the system - the backup works perfectly.

Should i somehow configure the new storage so BE will be able to read data from it ven when backing up to tape and not to disk?

Thanks

Dori

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dori_bashan
Level 6

NO.

Rebooting the server seems to solve it.

Thanks

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If this external drive is mapped to the server, BE will not be able to back it up.  Mapped drives are associated with online sessions and BE jobs run as batch.

To backup the external drive, use its UNC path.

dori_bashan
Level 6

This is local drive. not mapped network.

I will try to reboot the server and update

pkh
   VIP    Certified

How is this external drive connected to the server?

dori_bashan
Level 6

SAS 6Gb/s

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Is this external drive connected to the same HBA as the tape library?

dori_bashan
Level 6

NO.

Rebooting the server seems to solve it.

Thanks