cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Agent installation and configuration

alinawaz
Level 5

Hi All,

we have exchange server 2007 and we want to take backup of exchange server with mail boxes using backup exec 2012. can anyone please tell me the steps what i need to do. after installing exchange agent what i need to do? is there any configuration or important steps need to follow before take backup.

Thanks

Agha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

No, the SCL doesn't state that. Check the details below which is pulled from the BE 2012 SCL:

3. Exchange 2010 requires a Windows 2008 SP2 or Windows 2008 R2 x64 server with the Exchange 2010 Management tools installed on the server.

It doesn't state it needs Enterprise, so it will work with Standard...

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV

Hi,

It's going to add your server in, allowing you to configure a backup job on it.

However, on the back-end, you need to ensure that your BESA meets the requirements of the TN below:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO24128

Thanks!

alinawaz
Level 5

Thanks a lot,

can you please tell me that can we install backup exec 2012 on windows server 2008 standard version because it is mentioned in requirement that for exchange 2010 backup we need to install backup exec on windows server 2008 enterprise SP2 or R2 64bit.

will exchange 2010 backup not work on windows server 2008 standard version 32bit or 64bit?

Thanks

Agha

CraigV

No, the SCL doesn't state that. Check the details below which is pulled from the BE 2012 SCL:

3. Exchange 2010 requires a Windows 2008 SP2 or Windows 2008 R2 x64 server with the Exchange 2010 Management tools installed on the server.

It doesn't state it needs Enterprise, so it will work with Standard...

Thanks!

alinawaz
Level 5

Thank you very much.

last two more questions please tell me, the Exchange 2010 Management tools comes with backup exec 2012 cds or need to dowload?

do i need to install exch 2010 managment tools before beckup exec 2012 or after?

CraigV

Hi,

It gets installed off the Exchange 2010 installation disk, and you can install it before, or after, installing BE 2012...doesn't matter, as long as it is present BEFORE running a backup/restore of Exchange.

Check the link below to Microsoft's site on how to install the tools:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb232090.aspx

Thanks!