cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excluding SQL (MSDE) from being backed up -- 11d

Mystified
Not applicable
I was wondering if there is a way to exclude the MSDE/SQL database from being backed up on my remote server?

I am able to do this for the local server, however the remote server has no visible option.

Do I require the SQL Agent license to do this or is there a hotfix or additonal information available?

Interesting to note that I didn't have this issue with the evaluation copy of 11d; this problem has only occurred as a result of purchasing the licenses.

Any help is greatly appreciated as this is actually the first time this backup has failed.

Thanks.

Message Edited by Mystified on 01-14-2008 08:53 AM

Message Edited by Mystified on 01-14-2008 08:54 AM
2 REPLIES 2

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Where you backing up the MSDE/SQL instance before entering in your license information?  If it was never selected then it's not getting backed up.  What is the error message you are getting in the failed backup?

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
The .mdf and .ldf files should be skipped anyway.
If you don't want any of it to backup couldn't you just unselect the directory with the MSDE installation?

When you say the backup has failed, what error are you getting? Is it the one at: http://www.backupexecfaq.com/articles/problems/unable-to-attach-to-bkupexec.html