cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed backups; Event ID 57860; SQL error 0011

ABComputing
Not applicable

Hi, I have a job setup for a client to backup their Data,System State, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server "BKUPEXEC" and Shadow Copy Components to an AIT Tape Drive.

The job will successfully backup, however every 5th or 6th night it will fail, becoming stuck in a 'queued' status.

This will stay queued until an admin logs in, and restarts the backup exec services. If we attempt to cancel the job, it will sit there attempting to cancel, but nothing will actually happen until we restart the BE services.

When I look at the event log I see Event ID error 57860:

An error occurred while attempting to log in to the following server: "SERVERNAME".
 SQL error number: "0011".
 SQL error message: "[DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
".

I am unsure of what to do. Obviously the error is incorrect as the login account DOES have access to the SQL server. So the only other thing I can read from that error is that SQL may be offline at the time the job starts, but this is not the case, as they are able to use their SQL DB with no problems.

Does anyone have any advice? This is very frustrating as I am constantly being called regarding failed backups. It seems as though the Backup exec services need to be constantly restarted for it to reestablish a connection to the SQL server.

Everything is located on the server, there are no remote agents.

Many Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Please contact Backup Exec support and open a case.  There appears to be something crashing the services in the background before the job starts.