cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to delete the user data folder. The network name cannot be found!

neesad_subba
Level 3
Hello.

How can I remove users and computers from Symantec Desktop and Laptop option for Backup Exec 10.1d? I accidentally deleted Storage Location. The storage location cannot be restored anymore.

When I try to remove users for User container I get the message like "Failed to delete the user data folder. The network name cannot be found.� and when I try to delete computers I get the message like �Failed to delete the computer 'Computername'. Error code 0x00000043 returned.�

Since the storage location no longer exists, is there any other way to remove users and computers?

NOTE: No event is logged for this issue.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
Nishad.
3 REPLIES 3

galiana
Not applicable
Sorry to post on an old thread, but I'm having this exact same prolem. I need to delete both the computer and the user data folder, but it gives me errors on both. Any suggestions?

dbauder
Level 2
has anyone found a resolution to this issue?  I cannot find anything in the knowledge base or forums or Google to resolve this issue.  Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks.

dbauder
Level 2
Just to follow up my own question.  You can re-assign a storage location or delete a user when the original storage location is no longer available using the DLOCommandu.exe command line tool, located in the BackupExec install folder.  The DLO help file outlines each command line switch. I was able to use this tool to move users to a new storage location after the old location was not able to be brought back online.  I was also able to delete some old users as well, which the GUI admin tool does not let you do if the location is unavailable.