cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to receive an email notification from Backup exec 2010

Devendra_K_Sing
Level 2

Hi Team,

I have a Backup exec 2010 server which is installed on windows 2008 server r2 and also it has antivirus Mcafee8.8 VSE. the server is up to date all patch of windows and backupexec 2010 are installed .

Only I recive an email notification from media server when i restart the media server, i have checked in my firewall there is no any port block configured for backup exec mail notification to prevent system to mail sending  .

I have checked in Mcafee Antivirus software - On aceess protection setting there is an option to prevent mass mailing , i had added BESERVER.exe in exclusion list to aviod the  mass mail prevention.

If you have any idea please let me know how i can configured and successfully receive an email notification from my media server

OS -Windows 2008 server R2 Standard Edition.

Backup Exec-2010 service pack 1

3 REPLIES 3

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

Please check link below

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH39199

Hope that helps

Thanks

Devendra_K_Sing
Level 2
Thanks for your valuable comment , already I have done all these things . Still I am unable to receive an email Thanks once again

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Only I recive an email notification from media server when i restart the media server

Would you please test by disabling AV (or stop all AV services) and check if the email notification is sent or not...