cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File creation error on server with CPA

Richard_Samuels
Level 4
Partner
We're having an issue Backup Exec CPA on a new server running Windows 2003 R2 Standard. After installing CPA and before setting up any jobs, we began to see problems when attempting to save certain files from Corel (Borland) Paradox 10. The problem occurs when saving any object other than tables or queries (which are handled by the Borland Database Engine [BDE]) to a share on the server. Such objects include forms, reports, scripts, etc. The application reports that it is unable to write to the file whether creating a new file or saving an existing file. If the file already exists, it is deleted.

The problem occurs even if the CPA services are disabled but goes away when CPA is uninstalled!

I have been able to consistently reproduce this behavior on more than one 2003 R2 server with CPA installed. Because it occurs even when the CPA services are stopped, I suspect that it has to do VSS. Whether the CPA services are running or not, I've noticed that the frequent start/stop of the VSS services that we typically see on a 2003 server with CPA continues.

I can convince my client to upgrade to 11d if some assurance can be given that this problem will be resolved with the upgrade.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Rick Samuelson
PRS Group, Inc.

0 REPLIES 0