cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File not found, or could not be accessed error.

Thomas_T__Nelso
Level 2
I am attempting to backup a guest VM by mounting it to the Backup Exec server.  The guest is Windows XP SP3.

Here is the main error:

Job ended: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 at 10:40:43 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00084af - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.
Final error category: Job Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33967

and here is the details:

Directory mnt\10.97.1.246\letter\C\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.EnterpriseServices\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\ was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the file or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.
Directory mnt\10.97.1.246\letters\C\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\IEExecRemote\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\ was not found, or could not be accessed.
None of the file or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.

I'm not sure if it related to this but this job is also having issues with Initalizing AOFO event thought I turned it off.

AOFO: Initialization failure on: "C:". Advanced Open File Option used: Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy ...
V-79-10000-11253 - Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Services (VSS) snapshot provider returned the error: "Catastrophic f...
3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Are you using The AVVI agent to perform the backup?
follow this document http://support.veritas.com/docs/278273 
By default it would use the Vss for backing up system state and shadow copy component irrespective you select AOFO or no  , but it should not give you this error on the C drive ...

Thomas_T__Nelso
Level 2
No agent.  It was my understanding that it should work without it.

Thomas_T__Nelso
Level 2
Anyone else with this problem?