cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRT Inkr. Backups fail - V-79-57344-33967

Danijel_Brncic
Level 5
Hello,

we just moved to a new Hardware and to 12 from 10d.

We now use GRT with Exchange without CPS. The jobs run first to Disk.

Preparations for using GRT should be fine.

Now my problem:

Full Backup runs withour problems (weekly). But alls daily jobs fail with this message:

Endgültiger Fehler: 0xe00084af - Das Verzeichnis bzw. die Datei wurde nicht gefunden, oder der Zugriff ist nicht möglich.
Endgültige Fehlerkategorie: Auftragsfehler

Zusätzliche Informationen zu diesem Fehler finden Sie unter der Verknüpfung V-79-57344-33967

A Backup Exec 11d or 12.0 Exchange Information Store (IS) backup to a Backup-to-Disk Folder fails with the error: "Backup- \\Exchange\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group Database was not found, or could not be accessed."

The Link V-79-57344-33967 refers to that doc:
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/knowledge_base_sli.jsp?umi=EvtID=V-79-57344-33967

All the articles in this docs didn't help me.

Where could be the problem? We have no idea where the problem could be.

Thanks for your help
6 REPLIES 6

Steve_Pasq
Level 3
I normally don't recommend calling Symantec Support with issues because it is usually more hassel than it's worth but I searched far and wide for answers to this case and could not find anything that fixed my issue. I have had a case with Symantec open since the middle of March for this exact issue with my Exchange server and we are still troubleshooting a solution. There are so many things that could be causing this so you are probably better off calling them. Once they have logs from your media and exchange server they can atleast start you in the right direction. One thing you could try first is backup each mailbox store in your First Storage group individually using GRT. See if they all fail or maybe just one fails. That info can be very useful in troubleshooting. Also, make sure anti virus is not scanning the locations your backups run to if you use B2D folders. Also, make sure those locations are not compressed by check the General Tab under the disks properties. These are things to just get you started and some things they will probably ask first. Verify all that then open a case to get thigns moving. I am going on almost 2 months troubleshooting this case.

Also, if you find the need to recover an individual e-mail or mailbox if you catalog the IMG associated with the backup sometimes you will get the ability to browse down to individual mailboxes in the Restore window. The job does take full backups but something is blocking it when it tries to mount the db files. This is why you can't view individual mailboxes/messages before running the catalog and why it says the job fails.

Danijel_Brncic
Level 5
Hello Steve,

thanks first for sour detailed answer.

I have checked all things you mentioned before. But that didn't help. What I tried yesterday was to run the jobs after a reboot of the Backup Server. The ran fine. The next scheduled jobs again ran with the described problems.

We have two Exchange Server and both jobs have the same problem.

I'll try to backup each store separate and will post the results here.

If you have any news on that, I would be glad to hear from you.

Currently we are doing only Full Backups...

I have misgivings that as in earlier Versions we will have similar problems...: Something does not work, then it does.. then again not... noone knows where the problem is.

Thanks so far.

Steve_Pasq
Level 3
I have finished running jobs on each individual mailbox store. 3 of the 4 were successful. So, one has failed. I reported the results with the Symantec tech I am working with. I've had the case escalated twice so hopefully I am working with someone who knows his stuff. I'll let you know what they come back with.

J1
Not applicable
Hi, has anybody been able to find a solution to this?  I also have the same problem.

Danijel_Brncic
Level 5
Nothing new here...

would be pleased if Symantec coulöd write something reagarding this problem...

Steve_Pasq
Level 3
Symantec hasn't written anything about this is because they are not sure why this happens sometimes. I've had a case open since mid March on this issue and we are still troubleshooting after two escalations. It doesn't appear to be a problem with BE rather it seems it is something with my enviornment. One thing to look at is where is your B2D folder? What type of device? Does that device have restrictions on the amount of files that can be open at one time? They've found that to be an issue with some devices. If I run the GRT backup to tape it completes successfully. It is either something with my device or media server (which is a Dell PE 1950).