cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I cannot logon to BE9.1 media server - Access denied

Gary_Hurst
Level 4
Hi

I'm not sure what's happened but I cannot connect to one of our media servers. The logon account now gives an 'Access Denied' message and I don't know the details of any other logon accounts. How can I open the monitor ?? There must be some way that I can get into it ??

Many thanks

Gary
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Make sure all the backup services are running and running on a domain admin account ....except the remote agent service which should be in local system account .
try loging to the server with the backup exec service account and then try to launch  the console

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Make sure all the backup services are running and running on a domain admin account ....except the remote agent service which should be in local system account .
try loging to the server with the backup exec service account and then try to launch  the console

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Have a look on the following technote http://support.veritas.com/docs/334208

RahulG
Level 6
Employee
Grant  the user rights to backups and the windows service account used to run the backups, "Log on as a batch job and logon as service, create token object etc
If the password is chaged ,update the Backup Exec Services Account password.

matt077
Level 5
Partner Accredited

This may sound silly but i have seen this happend once before -

Ask your team to see if they have changed any login details for a user, one customer had the same kind of thing and it came down to one of the members in the team changing the password and didnt tell no one

Gary_Hurst
Level 4

The log on credentials for the BE services were changed to a different account for security reasons a couple of weeks back. I've just changed them back (on both cluster nodes), restarted and Hey Presto! I can now log on the the BE media server console using this log on account. Phew!

Thanks for youir help and assistance on this guys.

Gary