cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help needed with version 11d

tjones59
Level 2
I have 3 backup jobs I run to backup disk folders.  In the last 2 weeks 2 of these jobs have just quit working.  I've changed nothing in the jobs. 

The first job to quit was a backup of C:\ on my Win 2003 Enterprise server.  The test job runs fine.  I've completely re-written the job twice but each time I try to run it stops at queued and never goes any further.

The other job that just quit is a backup of D:\ on this same server.  It gets to 249 GB and quits adding data and goes to queued and never finishes.

At first I thought the problem was caused by backing up the system state on the C:\ drive.  Removed it and still no luck.  

Start times are set so there is overlap between jobs.  All folders are inventoried and have been working fine.

I"m at a loss as to why they won't run. 

**I'm backing up a remote server and the C:\ drive above on a tape also.  It runs at a different time also so there is no overlap in the jobs.  This backup works flawlessly.

Any idea's/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

teiva-boy
Level 6
 Do you have the B2D folders limited to how many concurrent jobs can write to it?  

Something would have to change on the server for it to just stop...  Windows Updates, BE Updates, something?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Check disk space on your HDD hosting your B2D folders and make sure it isn't running out of space...I'd also check your B2D settings to make sure it's allowed enough space to back up too. If you set your threshold too low (the threshold at which BEWS stops receiving information for backups effectively queuing your jobs), it could also cause issues. Set it at 95% and try again.
Lastly, just check and make sure your retention settings are correct for your jobs. Retaining information for too long means that could be a cause for backups not running!

Laters!

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi,

Come right here?