cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

● How to backup Backup Exec internal data such as logs, schedule tasks, customized reports

Ahmed_Mostafa_H
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I need way to backup Database For backup exec , backup schedule tasks job , logs and customized reports ?

i have backup exec 2012 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Everyday Backup Exec runs a database maintenance and creates a copy of the Backup Exec

database in the form of BEDB.bak. This file contains all your backup jobs, policies, logs and other

configuration settings. So you can include this file in your daily backups, also backup the

CATALOGS folder for faster recovery in case of a disaster.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB

Everyday Backup Exec runs a database maintenance and creates a copy of the Backup Exec

database in the form of BEDB.bak. This file contains all your backup jobs, policies, logs and other

configuration settings. So you can include this file in your daily backups, also backup the

CATALOGS folder for faster recovery in case of a disaster.

Ahmed_Mostafa_H
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Dear AmolZeroCool
 ineed to backup only this file  BEDB.bak or i need this file laso  bedb_dat.bak, and bedb_log.bak  for disaster purpose ?

and how to resore this files in  case of any erro or failure ?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The BEDB is only part of the configuration of BE.  If you just backup the bedb_dat.bak, etc, you would only be backing up part of the be configuration.  You would need to backup the entire Catalog and Data directories for disaster recovery purposes.

When you need to restore,

1) stop all BE services

2) replace the existing Data and Catalog directories

3) start up all the BE services.

AmolB

Refer to the below article to drop and reload database from backup.

http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH67962

VJware
Level 6

Here is a detailed KB - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH56671